Dog Training and Behavioural Advice
Dogs throw all sorts of behaviour at us, good and bad. We’ll help you look at:
- what your dog is doing
- why he is doing it
- how we can improve their behaviour
If it’s good we will encourage and reward it, if it isn’t we will work with you to modify it.
Sometimes a class situation is not suitable. For those of you who prefer individual sessions we offer:
- 1 to 1 training
- private behaviour consultations
These take place in your own home, or at another location that is suitable for you and your dog. Contact us and we’ll provide a training solution just for you.
Puppy School Classes
Puppy School consists of:
- a block of 6 puppy training classes
- one hour per class
- socialising with other puppies and their owners
The programme has been carefully designed to take you through all the obedience basics giving you a good foundation for an enjoyable life with your new puppy.
What you’ll learn
Aside from really getting to know your puppy and enjoying watching other owners train their puppies, learn you’ll teach your dog how to:
• Come when called
• Sit, lie down, stand on command
• Walk on a loose lead without pulling
• Accept handling (including for vets and groomers)
• ‘Leave’ when asked
• Accept people near food bowls, bones and chews
• Stop play biting
• Be sociable with humans and other puppies
• Greet people without jumping up
Only reward-based puppy training methods are used at Puppy School. Treats, toys and praise are used to encourage puppies to be well behaved. No bullying or rough handling is tolerated.